This course combines theory with hands-on practical exercises in First Aid. You will gain the knowledge and confidence to deal with incidents requiring medical assistance within the workplace. This training has been designed to cover all aspects of salon life and what to do in the event of an emergency.
This course meets the requirements as laid down in the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations, 1981. Tyro is approved to deliver First Aid training by the First Aid Industry Body (FAIB), approval number 099 | 97 (283).
• The role of emergency first-aider / legislation / equipment
• Chain of survival
• Incident management
• Unresponsive casualty – primary survey /
secondary survey / *recovery position / CPR
• Wounds and bleeding inc. cuts (fingers/ ears)
• Burns inc. straighteners/heat tools
• Reaction to peroxide or hair colour PPD
• Minor injuries inc. slipping on hair/water on
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an FAIB approved Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate, which is valid for three years.
This 1 day program takes place at the Salon Promotions Academy in Earby, Lancashire.
- 8th July 2020
- 7th October 2020